Before the Internet was major, there were traditional forms of marketing: putting out ads in printed magazines and newspapers, calling people’s phones to push for telemarketing, and printing out flyers and posters.
Not to say that none of these are effective anymore, but Internet marketing has been proven to also help businesses by promoting their brands and sets traditional marketing apart from its future and present qualities. This process is also called “inbound marketing”, in which you no longer have to directly reach out to market these brands. Inbound marketing can be done via content marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and social media marketing.
What Is Internet Marketing?
Internet marketing is the ongoing promotion of a business’s product or services through the Internet using programs or tools to achieve the goals of driving traffic, gathering leads, or making sales.
Some examples of Internet marketing include:
- Searching keywords on search engines and finding websites through its results connected to those keywords (this is SEO)
- Creating paid ads on social media or on search engines such as Google
- Collecting emails through subscriptions or to get a preview of a product or service
- Creating social media posts to announce a product or service or to create appeal to a brand
- Putting up a call-to-action on a landing page to engage leads
- Writing a blog post while optimizing SEO techniques (this should be on an ongoing basis)
As you can see, there are several ways that Internet marketing works. It should be focused on finding the right strategies to work on and what you believe your brand can offer to grab potential customers.
Why Is Internet Marketing Important?
Ads are not the preferred way for a lot of people anymore. They can be “in your face”, meanwhile consumers would rather learn about a product or service in the power of their terms.
That would most likely be in the form of searching for something or feeling a connection through a brand by finding useful content. Internet marketing is an organic and effective way for consumers and it gives brands authority over their market.
Once a business pulls that loyalty in, these consumers could become followers. Having followers is an easier way to drive leads and sales. In fact, in this year of 2019, Internet marketing could be an industry that has a worth of a billion dollars.
*Featured image photo credit belongs to Brooke Lark on Unsplash.com.